Unanswered: Createing HTML page inside brilliant

Dear users,
    I would like to create a HTML page inside brilliant database form using the image and text fields of the same form. Normal fields are working but how to insert image field inside the HTML script. The point is that I have a particular set of records which has image and text fields. I would like display this set of records in the HTML field of the form. Any help !!!!

Provided Answers: 17
    See attached file for a working example.

The zip file contains the database, plus some sub folders. You need to extract them all as provided to any folder on your PC.

Run the database and press the button on the forum “View as HTML”. It will then switch to a HTML page and you will see the text and image displayed.

Any problems just let me know.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you James for the example.
    However what I exactly try to produce is kind of display with various set of records having images. The set of records will be varying based on dates slection. I thought HTML field will talk directly with the image field in the database itself without outside folder help.
    Thank you once again your constant reply to the forum questions!

Regards
    asokram

It's not really possible to do it the way your thinking as you don't know how many records your search will find, and you would have a problem of passing an unknown amount of images to individual variables. How for example will you pass image one from record one found, to variable one? I don't believe it can be done that way at all.

What you need to do here is use the Export HTML template option. This will generate a complete webpage that will contain every single thing you need to display, and all you have to do then is use an iframe to have the content of the HTML page displayed inside brilliant database.

I can write a working example of this for you if you like. Just let me know.

It can be seamless. The end user will never know temp files are being written.

Regards
    James

Very intresting James.
    I am using the Export HTML feature. However bringing that page inside the BD through iframe was a new thing to me.
    Can you please write an working example if your time permits!

Regards
    Asokram

Sure no problem. See attached file.

I've added a button called “Run Query” to the toolbar beside the button "Edit Toolbar. Please press that “Run Query” button.

This will run a Query that will search for any record that contains an image. Any record that contains an image will then be exported by the html template. It will then switch to the HTML Folder and using an iframe display the exported data inside brilliant database.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fantastic James!
    I understand the mistake I have done . I was not using the iframe coding in html.
    Thank you.

Regards
    asokram