Unanswered: Question to Brilliant Database Developers...

Crazy week is over - hopefully.

Here my question:

Some of my customer have read this forum. They have asked me how long I will stay on Brilliant Database, because of the lack of communication from the Manufacturer. Some have asked directly Brilliant Database about some "first users" questions and have got no response.

- Has anybody else such an experience?
    - What is your emergency plan (I estimate that I need to use another System in approx. 6 Months.)?
    - Any heartbeat from the Manufacturer?

I have currently 6 different applications running on it. Much work for changing them all to another System.

Provided Answers: 17
    Has anybody else such an experience?
    I think it's safe to say we all have had problems at one point or another. They should have put in place their own discussion forums years ago so a community of user could share in supporting each other.

Look at the difference this forum has made in the short time we have had a Brilliant Database section. I'm personally delighted I've found others to talk to about Brilliant Database.

What is your emergency plan (I estimate that I need to use another System in approx. 6 Months.)?
    During the very bad times when it was totally impossible to get any kind of response from Brilliant Database I looked at quite a few different programs and there doesn’t seem to be an alternative that's as productive with the same balance of features.

I haven't really looked since v10 was released. What I'd love to see is a large influx of people realising the power of Brilliant Database on a large scale and the company seeing a flood of new users buying into the SDK licence. I'm sure the revenue that would generate would light a fire under their rear ends from a development point of view, and give them the finances to help employ someone to take care of all customer support.

All they really need is one person on staff answering emails.

Any heartbeat from the Manufacturer?
    Haven't seen anyone on the forums reporting anything and it seems the website hasn't been undated in 6 months.

I have currently 6 different applications running on it. Much work for changing them all to another System.
    I know exactly how you feel. The databases I've developed in some factories are so vast, I can't even imagine using anything else but brilliant database. It's so quick to develop with, and it's mighty powerful. It's only downfall is the fear of what the future holds for it and the level of support.

I actually enjoy building with Brilliant Database. I could do it all day every day and never get tired.

lol.... I should send over my CV and see if I can get a job. I'll take care of their support then for them.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    lol.... I should send over my CV and see if I can get a job. I'll take care of their support then for them.
    You could certainly do their support, and do it very well.

I really think that you'd do far better both for yourself and for the community if you set up a consulting business. Do the RDP connection to clients with pre-payment via PayPal or something similar. This would get you the revenue you need to support the business, and it would get people all over the world a recognized independent expert in Brilliant Database development.

I think that this would be the best answer for you, for the community, and for Mikhail/Brilliant too.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi All
    Reading the posts in this thread, it crossed my mine that "some one" should write a book on using Brilliant Database - many other popular applications do have a range of books (purchased several over the years). The obvious author would be James with his broad understanding of BD and it seems lots of pratical experience. The format would be a CD or an downloadable "E Book" as printed manuals would be expensive to produce and a problem to update. Thinking a price between $30-$50. If BD would only communicate with this one person then it might just be feasable.
    Regards
    David

No Problem.
    I have written some "whishes" on the whishlist here at the forum.

These are requests from some of my customers. If you can do the changings on Brilliant Database - let's talk about.

Provided Answers: 1
    i dont know how you guys feel, but... brilliant is that nice and simple and powerfull that even when we payed for a product, we are willing to help the developers... this actitud means something...

in my oppinion, i would even willing to pay for an extra subscription (some little bucks every month, just to be sure that the product will be developming further)

- i would pay for instance 5 usdlls per month with no problem at all.. (is not much, but i wonder, how many of us would be willing to pay so...)

- how many developers are like us? (in love with brilliant and willing to help some how)