Question Unanswered: Oracle & MySQL Database migration

Hello, Everyone

We are planning to use Magento as our main eCommerce platform for our online presence. Now, for database we are currently using Oracle so we need a developer to build the necessary adapters and connect Magento with Oracle.

We need this due to the fact that we have about 30,000 products and it will take lots of time to do it manually.

Also I was thinking on turning the Oracle DB to MySQL but I don't know what to do so I think doing a connection to our Oracle DB will be best.

Please let me know if anyone knows a company that can do it or any information on how I can do it.

Thank you

I found 20 million responses by typing "magento oracle connection" into google. Try it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Yes I have done that before I post here. But nothing came out during the search that showed me how to do it or I got a bunch of dead links. I found some companies that say they can connect Oracle to Magento but its just a little more than just connections.

Anyways. Thank you

But all you need is the connection so that Magento can use the tables on oracle. However, oracle can supply mySql (which it owns) and it's easy to administer and except for support is free. Up to you. The Magento site indicates that it only directly supports MySql.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.