Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Printing Problem "Run-Time Error" '482'

Hope someone could assist me.

I thought It might be the old computer so I bought a new one: I7 16gig mem and with 2Tb HDD. Printer: Aficio MP C 2800
    I also bought the upgrade BD 10.54 a few months ago and using BD as from 2007.
    When I printed 20 pages it works fine but when I tried to print let's say 178 pages it gives me a printer error "Run-Time Error '482' and then exits the DB. I tried to print PDF but it then completes the printing process up to about 65% and exit's the DB.

When the error occur the printer status is as follows:
    Document Name Status Pages Size
    Brilliant Database_SDK Spooling 36 16.8MB

It seems to me it's still a memory problem. The Query that I ran before printing is realy simple:

[Campus] = "NET" and
    [Current Level] = "2" And
    [Current Level] Not Ends with "Attachment"

Because of this I have to break up my printing tasks to lost of small tasks.
    I have to print in total reports for 3500 students.

Hope someone could help me in this regard.

Provided Answers: 17
    Can you share your database on the forum or privately. I'd have to take a look at it to see if I can help, or if this is a problem for Brilliant Database themselves to resolve.

Regards
    James

Database

Thank you James

I am busy uploading it to a ftp site.
    It will take an hour.
    It a bit big: 166mb

The Login: Head Examinations
    Password: proline

The link:
    http://www.nimtnamibia.com/db.html

Regards
    Hennie

Hello.
    That link doesn't seem to be working.

Regards
    James

Download

Hi James

It's working now.
    DB

Regards
    Hennie

Hello.
    Found something interesting.

As you know, Brilliant Database is a 32 bit Application, so it cannot address more than 3GB of System Memory.

Doing some tests here, it just so happens that when I run your database, my system memory is sitting at a certain value. When I then run a report, Brilliant Database will crash every single time it's system memory usage plus the amount of data its trying to send to the printer pool hits exactly 3GB.

That seems to be more than a coincidence to me as it will crash every single time dead on the 3GB mark.

I think this is one for brilliant database to look into. Surly the printer pool added to the amount of ram used shouldn't cause this.

Regards
    James

Database

Hi James

Thank you, I will try to contact Michail as well. So far he replied on some of my previous questions.

If you have any idea what else I could do then please advice me.

Thank you so much for your help, not only to me but on the forum as well.

Hennie

Hello.

I maybe wrong in my analyse. I've tried to print a large database I have and my printer spool reached 3.5GB.

I'd say this is most certainly something Brilliant Database should look into. Seems printing large numbers of records do cause problem for sure.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 1
    man, i dont think that mikhail answers in this days....

but...

i you can modiffy your scrip to print...

use a loop to send the printing job in small batches

there is a printing option that says "print with out preview",

so brake your printing job in small piezes and print them witout preview so the end user

dont have to manually click print a hundred of times.

best regards

fer

Cool

james for president!!!

Provided Answers: 4
    I cant understand which button crashing application. Where am I supposed to click?
    I do not know English well. I am using Google Translate for translation. Please do not laugh my sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by MacHeuS View Post
    I cant understand which button crashing application. Where am I supposed to click?
    It doesn’t really matter so long as it's a folder with a lot of records.

For example, go to the March 2014 folder and duplicate the records so you have a nice large collection of them. I've just over 1900 records for example duplicated into that folder.

Highlight them all and select the Toolbar button “Print Letters”. Select the first option form the list and try print them.

For me, soon as the printer spool hits 1.76GB, Brilliant Database will crash.

Tested on an 8 Core Alienware laptop with 32GB of RAM, Win8.1

Regards
    James

8 core alienware !!!!!!!!

that is ultragios!!!

how much did you for that? (this days i am looking for a i3 on the cheap and haven find it jjajajajajjajaj)

best regards

fer

Is it maybe possible to write the query with lets say 10 different print jobs and between the jobs "clear" the memory? The reason for this is that even if I print a big file that BD could handle and go to the next print job of the same size then BD crash.

But if I exit BD and go back in the BD will print that file. So it seems to me I have to clear the memory between the print jobs which BD could handle.

I tried to download some tools/fixes to help with the 3gig limitations but without any success.

Regards
    Hennie

Looks like a design problem with Brilliant Database itself. The printer engine seems to be not correctly unloaded from the Memory. This can only be repaired by Mikhail.
    Good to know, because I am planning a larger application with large print jobs.