Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Unanswered: MyVisual Database - DriveSoft

Quote Originally Posted by ferslash View Post
    how many of us are looking for a replacement for brilliant (with no luck at all)
    What do you think about my alternative to Brilliant Database ?
    http://myvisualdatabase.com/

Provided Answers: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveSoft View Post
    Seems to be a very nice program. Very clean and easy to use.

Sorry to say it's not an alternative to brilliant database though. In your program the user has to create tables, and fields on forms need to be linked back to the tables.

With Brilliant Database, all that's obsolete. Would love to see you try Brilliant Database to see if that would influence the development of your own software.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 1
    i downloaded the software, it seams that brilliant and myvisual would have a commond origin, but my visual database, as far as i was looking, has not an "ultimate" version, that allow you to compile independat applications to sell...

wich is by the way one of the strongest parts of brilliant.

- i guess that i you guys work a little on that would have a huge oportunity...

best regards
    fer
    Last edited by ferslash; 07-13-14 at 22:13.

i downloaded the software, it seams that brilliant and myvisual would have a commond origin, but my visual database, as far as i was looking, has not an "ultimate" version, that allow you to compile independat applications to sell...

wich is by the way one of the strongest parts of brilliant.

- i guess that i you guys work a little on that would have a huge oportunity...

best regards
    fer
    My Visual Database allows you to create databases and compile them into independent applications.

Thanks.

looks good.
    Some questions:
    SQLite normaly does not support multi user. How much concurrent users are possible?
    - Because Brilliantdatabase is a "one man show" how much people are developing your system?
    - If you, or your company, abandon this project, will you ever release the sourcecode?
    - When will a manual come?
    - Freeware for ever or plannings for purchase later releases (Prices, conditions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by lostdb View Post
    looks good.
    Some questions:
    SQLite normaly does not support multi user. How much concurrent users are possible?
    - Because Brilliantdatabase is a "one man show" how much people are developing your system?
    - If you, or your company, abandon this project, will you ever release the sourcecode?
    - Freeware for ever or plannings for purchase later releases (Prices, conditions, etc.)
    good questions, i hope drivesoft guys answers

good questions, i hope drivesoft guys answers
    Well, a Software company in germany, who is also using SQLITE, has told me that using SQLITE as share database (like Access) will work for a small amount of users, but it would be by design that at some point there would be a data loss. At their point of view it is to risky and not reliable to use SQLITE in a Multiuser environement as shared file.

This company from germany makes accounting software and this is regulary certified by a third party. They are using SQLITE with a separate database server which handles all the concurrent users. So I am in the opinion that they know what they are talking about...

btw. has anybody got response from Mikhail in the last time? My last response is from early May this year.

looks good.
    Some questions:
    I think it will support 2-5 users without any problems, here you get more info SQLite Frequently Asked Questions
    I am an individual developer, one person.
    I can't promise, but I think Yes.
    It will be this Fall.
    This Fall it will be approximately $100

Thanks )

one person... wow, nice software for a single developer..

Provided Answers: 59
    one person... wow, nice software for a single developer..
    and you guys have been saying similar things about Mikhael & BD.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 59
    SQLite is mutiluser aware, however thats qualified. only one user can write at anyone time, multiple concurrent reads OK. its reliant on the underlying OS to provide locking and earlier versions of Windows are not clever in that respect.

like Filemaker, Access and Open Office they are all file server db's so have that simialr exposure. Access using JET tends to start hitting the buffers anywhere between 15 and 30 concurrent users, whereas Access using a server back end can support virtually as many users as required. there used to be a limit within the workgroup files of 250 users per work workgroup segment. the fact you can deploy Access using a freely available runtime makes it competitive with BD in my books, although it wont work well on modest hardware

Apache Derby whatever its called is multi user aware, multi platform, scalable (if needs Derby is perceived as a subset of DB2, ie could be ported to DB2 with little effort, assuming the basic system design was correct.)

Derby can run on any device that can support a compatable JVM
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I think it will support 2-5 users without any problems, here you get more info SQLite Frequently Asked Questions
    I am an individual developer, one person.
    I can't promise, but I think Yes.
    It will be this Fall.
    This Fall it will be approximately $100

Thanks )
    Thank you for the information:

- SQLITE supports encrypted Databases - your application too?
    - I haven't seen an option for a "Password" Field where everything entered will be shown as *** or anything else.
    - There is a SQLITE Database Server. Please search for SQL Cube. Its from Italy. Free Developer licence and 3 user licence is available (No, I am not related to the Mfr. but my businesspartner uses it for his Multiuser Accounting application. No longer a question of the filesystem, the Server keeps everything correct.
    - Do you have a script for creating and testing hash like MD5 or SHA1? I would need it.
    - Are U using Delphi or C#? The scripts are looking more Delphi. Would be helpfull to understand the syntax requirements.
    - Will you implement online activation? Could be a showstopper for some of us.
    - Demo System: Can you add a system to restrict the maximum count of records? Make it easier to give a demo to customers. If he can enter only a few records, he would not use it for a longer time.
    - Licence System: Brilliant Database has no Licence System. Can you implement one? Best would be a report field on each printing which can not be changed by the customer, but by the developer.
    - I have seen that database and logic structure is separated in different files. Can you do some addings:
    (a) Report: Reports, created by an developer can not be edited by an enduser, but copied
    (b) which files are used for the logic structure?
    Why these addings:
    To publish an update with a tool like RTPatch you need stable files, where you can be sure that only the developer changes them. Thats the reason for (a) and for (b) to know which files must be included in a RTPatch package.

Thank you for the information:

1. SQLITE supports encrypted Databases - your application too?
    2. I haven't seen an option for a "Password" Field where everything entered will be shown as *** or anything else.
    3. There is a SQLITE Database Server. Please search for SQL Cube. Its from Italy. Free Developer licence and 3 user licence is available (No, I am not related to the Mfr. but my businesspartner uses it for his Multiuser Accounting application. No longer a question of the filesystem, the Server keeps everything correct.
    4. Do you have a script for creating and testing hash like MD5 or SHA1? I would need it.
    5. Are U using Delphi or C#? The scripts are looking more Delphi. Would be helpfull to understand the syntax requirements.
    6. Will you implement online activation? Could be a showstopper for some of us.
    7. Demo System: Can you add a system to restrict the maximum count of records? Make it easier to give a demo to customers. If he can enter only a few records, he would not use it for a longer time.
    8. Licence System: Brilliant Database has no Licence System. Can you implement one? Best would be a report field on each printing which can not be changed by the customer, but by the developer.
    9. I have seen that database and logic structure is separated in different files. Can you do some addings:
    (a) Report: Reports, created by an developer can not be edited by an enduser, but copied
    (b) which files are used for the logic structure?
    Why these addings:
    To publish an update with a tool like RTPatch you need stable files, where you can be sure that only the developer changes them. Thats the reason for (a) and for (b) to know which files must be included in a RTPatch package.
    1. In the current version there is no.
    2. You can do this by using a script, Example: Form1.Edit1.PasswordChar := '*';
    3. Looks very interesting, thank you!
    4. The current version is not, but if necessary I can implement it.
    5. Delphi, scripts also using Delphi syntax and many objects (like TStringList, TIniFile, etc...)
    6. Don't plan it.
    7. You can do this by using scripts.
    8. Don't plan it, but also you can do this by using scripts.
    9. a) You can disable editing report by user.
    b) forms.xml and tables.ini

4+8: I am currently protecting a licence string with a hash as signature.
    Could you please implement it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    and you guys have been saying similar things about Mikhael & BD.
    yes... but sadly drivesoftware seams more active in this forum that mikhail