Red face Unanswered: database design question

I have an issue that I'm trying to resolve with my first database i'm creating for a client. I'm creating a reservation system for a river tour company and in the database I'm having a problem figuring out an efficient table layout.

The business requirements:
    1) Ability to take a persons information down (name, phone number, age)
    I have solved this one by creating a
    Code:
    person
    table that is identified by
    Code:
    PersonID
    2) Ability to sign a person up for various trips. (They offer a kayak trip, a tube trip, and a rafting trip)
    3) Each trip will go out twice a day, everyday at set times (7:30AM and 12:30PM)

After having my person table set up, I'm not really sure where to go from there..I tried setting up a
    Code:
    TripSchedule
    table that has foreign keys from a
    Code:
    Date
    table, and
    Code:
    Time
    table, and the
    Code:
    Person
    table, but that didn't really make sense to me so I deleted those tables and am only left with my
    Code:
    Person
    table. Where should I go from here?

Provided Answers: 59
    so you need somenthing that identifies
    customers (you may need somethign within this that identifies people who are paying the bill, and people who are just booked on an event
    courses (whst course, maximum/minimum course size, and so on
    course availability when courses are scheduled to run (course X will happen at HH:MM on DD/MM/YYYY, HH:MM on DD+x/mm/yyyy
    course bookings (where a customer has expressly booked a course

you may also need some financial information
    eg if a customer has paid a deposit, if there is an outstanding balance and so on.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 5
    also, take a look at the database design forum on this website as I think a lot of this has already been covered in different forms. Is it really all that different than being: enrolled in a class, renting a car, shipping a car/package, etc..., etc...

p.s. I really like having a claendar table of sorts, but I do not normally define foreign keys to it.
    Dave