Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: Dynamic Report Viewing

Hey everyone,

So I have a switchboard on my main menu. One of the tabs on the switchboard is for my reports. I have a form on this switchboard where the end user clicks a button for each report and that report will be displayed via the "Browse To" function.

Note that the build is Switchboard Form (to select a report) > SubForm (to filter report data) > Report

Part of this filter functionality is displaying and modifying a label to show what is being filtered in the report. This is done using VBA with an "After Update" event. All of this works great.

My problem is that when I go to print, export, or email the report (this is the direct report, none of the other parent forms), my dynamic title doesn't carry through. For example, If I apply a filter between dates, a label will become visible on the report that will display the date range that the user is filtering by (this date range is added using VBA based on user input). When I go to print, export, or email the report, it will display the filtered results, BUT the label itself is not shown on the report.

I think this is because I am opening the report itself which is having Access just applying the query it is set at and, because the label is hidden by default with different text, it is then not showing. Regardless, I'm not quite sure how to fix this.

Any advise?

bump......

Provided Answers: 59
    if you store the values in a control on the report swi5tchboard you can alwasy pull those values into the report

eg
    myreportrtextboxcontrol.text = forms!myswitchboard!acontrol.text

its probably best to wrap it with some form of errort trap
    because its minor I'd probably use on error resume next, but you coudl set a value if the swichboard form wasnt' loaded
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Nice thinking. Much appreciated!