Unanswered: Help with list box population

My first posting. As my login implies I am a senior citizen. I am a has been programmer from the main-frame days but have recently decided to volunteer at our local hospital network. A method of tracking training for our over 300 volunteers is the object of my new efforts. That effort is an Access 2010 data base consisting of 5 small tables, namely a job table with only a job number and a name, a course table with only a course number and a name, a requirement table with a job number and as many course numbers as are required, a volunteer table with all the personal data for each volunteer and an education table with a record for each volunteer course take with other pertinent dates etc.

I have created a form that asks for a badge number and a course number. A button then runs a query to to get the list of requirement for this job, a query to get the courses already taken for this volunteer and a third query that excludes any required course that has already been taken. The results of the query which should be only a couple records should display in a combo or list box. The queries do exactly as they should but will not display in the list or combo box. It appears this should be straight forward but so far not so much. A rather long question but any input will be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 54
    Welcome to DBForums!

I'm going to move this message thread to the DBForums MS-Access forum. It ought to get a bit more attention and more useful responses there!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 59
    combo or list boxes are mearely a way of displaying data. if your queries are retuning the right rows, then 'all' you need do is assign the query to the list/combo boxes rowsource
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks. The row source was placed there by the wizard and it still does not display in the list box.

Provided Answers: 59
    OK so you assert the query returns the rows you expect
    either it isn't

OR

the display isn't right

how many columns are you displaying, what is the display width

after that it may make more sense to post a copy of the db here
    ...remove (or mask) any sensitive information
    ...compact and repair a copy (to recover space)
    compress the file into a zip and post it here as an attachement
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks still no go. I will continue working on it.