Unanswered: DB refresh fro PROD to DEV in DB2v10.1 on Linux

Hi,
    Pls provide links for db restore.
    Last edited by dbaKid; 07-31-14 at 06:02.

Provided Answers: 18
    If the source (prod) and target (test) both have the same hardware (same CPU family) and compatible db2-versions, then you can (hot) backup the source database with logs, restore it on test , (rollforward as needed).

Study the on-line knowledge centre, and learn how to do a REDIRECTED RESTORE, specifically including the option to generate the script that remap containers if necessary.

Also if the name of the db2-instance-owner will change, set the registry variable DB2_RESTORE_GRANT_ADMIN_AUTHORITIES and bounce the target instance before starting the restore.

If the source database uses external functions or external procedures you will need to handle them separately.

Provided Answers: 11
    strange to see more and more entries in the forum of complete novices handling databases of customers without knowing what they are doing..
    If I were a novice DBA, at least I would request some links how to study DB2 before asking how to restore a db..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    strange to see more and more entries in the forum of complete novices handling databases of customers without knowing what they are doing..
    If I were a novice DBA, at least I would request some links how to study DB2 before asking how to restore a db..
    They are usually not DBA's at all, but usually a system admin or application developer.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaKid View Post
    It would be TSM API via Disk
    What's that supposed to mean?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.