Unanswered: Where is max failed logins stored?

I am new to the forum so if this is something that has been answered before please advise me how to find it. Thanks in advance.

I need to write a query which extracts the setting max failed logins for sa. Can anyone tell me in which table it is stored? I am assuming it is in the Master DB.

I know there are sp_ functions for this; but, we are attempting to write a monitoring script to identify changes by user.

Provided Answers: 4
    In the syslogins-table in the masterdatabase. The column logincount stores the number of failed login attempts. It is reset to 0 by a successful login
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Only half of the equation

Thanks for your reply. If I understand correctly, the field you referenced tracks the number of failed logins. I am looking for the field which contains the configured value it is compared to for the purpose of locking the account. The value that is actually the threshold.

Provided Answers: 4
    Ah, yes, I misread your question.

The table that contains the maximum value that is used as the treshold is stored in the master database and is called syscurconfigures. The column value containst the current configured value. The column config references the table sysconfigures where the name of the config-option is stored.
    sp_configure 'maximum failed logins displays the same value.

Note: this configuration option applies to all logins, not just the sa-login.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!