Unanswered: Delete Folder button in compiled application

Hi,

I want the right click folder options not to be visible to the end user. I was planning on having a button that a user would press if they wanted to delete a folder, this calls a script that contains the delete folder action. However, this does not work when the right-click options are turned off in the project settings. Does any one know a way around this?

Cheers

Matty

The problem seems to be that I want to prevent moving of folders. This unfortunately appears to also prevent deletion (which is a move to the recycle bin). Any way around this?

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Matty.

When in "Application and Properties" and on the "Features" tab there's an option called "Main Menus".

If you un-tick the Folders option, the menu will be missing from the compiled application, and right click will be disabled for folders.

So the only way for a user to then delete a folder is if you created your own menu or button. Either way right click will still be disabled as you wanted.

You can do the same to prevent drag and drop by un-ticking options on the same tab.

Regards
    James

Hi James,

I have tried this, and created my own button, but the delete action has no effect if moving folders is disabled.

Matty

Provided Answers: 17
    Wow... your right.
    Soon as Move Folder is disabled, Delete Folder no longer works by Scripting.

I'm stumped now. Don't know what to suggest because that's not right. It shouldn't do that.

Regards
    James.

I've sent BD an e-mail about it. Also delete with the keyboard delete key will always work unless moving is disabled. So if you wanted to allow moving but prevent deletion it's not possible - as far as I can tell. And I was up far too late last night trying all sorts of combinations!