Unanswered: Can I see multiple results from multiple inputs?

For my job, I have to make a database that will tell users what national laboratories have certain research capabilities. The different tables I have created are Heat Source, Energy Conversion Cycles, Materials, temperature and pressure, Capabilities, and Labs. My goal is to be able to create a form in which you can select a combination of requirements from the heat source, energy conv cycle, temp and press, and materials which will then show you which labs have capabilities of doing testing under those conditions.

How can I do this? For example, I want to be able to know which labs can do testing for nuclear energy (heat source), with a steam conversion cycle (conv cycle), with a max temp of 600*C and max pressure of 5MPa (temp and press), using Nickel (material). These requirements will yield more specific capabilities that are specific to an individual lab. Hence, each requirement has a one to many relationship with the capabilities table, and each lab has a one to many relationship with the capabilities table since one lab can have many capabilities.

Provided Answers: 59
    so you need a table for
    facilities
    tests
    FaciltiesTests (an intersection table using the primary key of both facilities and tests that identifies what tests are available at what pabs

with a bit of clever design you should also be able to handle grades of test

eg some labs are accredited to heat test to 500C, some 1000C and so on
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

My issue is that I do not understand how to make this search function so that it will tell me the capable labs. I attached a picture to try to clarify what I am trying to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

To reiterate what I am aiming to do, I want to create a form so that I can pick a series of criteria from drop down menus referencing other tables, and at the end have a button that will take the active records and generate a query. How can I make this button?

To reiterate what I am trying to do, I have created a form which has combo boxes, allowing me to pick different criteria.I now want to create a button at the bottom of the form that will take all the active fields (which are describing the research needs) and generate a query that will show which labs have the capability to meet these needs.

so define each of your parameters / conditions in a separate table for each type. you may need to use the sub/supertype model

your relationships looks about right to me
    in terms of a user interface use a cascading combo box to populate each level

Why is a cascading combo box necessary rather than just a combo box? And my question is how do I make this query that will pick its criteria based off of the active fields? Thanks for the quick responses.

Casvading because you have various categories that are conditional on others. iIRC MATERIAL CATGEORIES ! MATERIAL ! TEST TYPES