Question Unanswered: how to delete a relationship between two tables in ms access database?

hello

i have a problem and it's i want to change some information in ms access database but when i try to change it ,it says you have to delete the relationship first then edit ,so i opened the relationships window and tried to delete the relationship between the two tables but it says ( you can't delete a relationship inherited from a linked database ..
    any one can help me please ...
    thanks

Provided Answers: 24
    Click the relationships icon,
    delete the line connecting to your table and the others.
    I rarely use them...only to force cascade deletes by users. Rare tho.

Provided Answers: 59
    you will need to open the access database that has the table definitions in it, not the fornt end that has links to the those tables
    in that do as Ranman suggests, open the relationships window, select the realtionship you want to delete then delete it. it may be right click on the relationship line

however unlike ranman I nearly alwasy use realtiosnhips. in my view there is feck all point in using a realtional db and not using realtions. you will still have to program the realtionship check when inserting or changing data, and you will loose the relational integrity if a user decides to delete a row in a parent table.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

i did this but when i've pressed on the line and then choose delete .. it shows a message says you cant delete a inherited relation in linked database .. i don't know what else can i do ..

Provided Answers: 59
    open the database that holds the data NOT the front end containign a link to the tables. the clue is in the error message

you cant delete a inherited relation in linked database
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

ooooh i got it ... thanks so much .. appereciate it