Unanswered: linking 2 tables with information from each

Hi, I know my subject heading isnt very descriptive so hopefully this will make sense. I'm new to Access(like most people i think) and I havent been able to find the answer to this.

I have 2 tables. my Standards1 and Standards2 tables. Each Standard has different information, but occasionally can be linked.

What I'm looking for is a way to have a field on Standard1 update with the name/id for Standard2. IE: Standard1ID is ABC-001 and when I enter a new standard on Standard2 for DEF-002 and select from a listbox field ABC-001 have it update in table Standard1.

so basically I enter everything for standard1, then a month later if i get new information for standard2, enter that, select corresponding Standard1ID(if applicable) have the field in Standard1 table update with Standard2ID.

Im not sure if this is even clear, or possible. I appreciate any help anyone can provide, even if its a simple "yeah, not gonna happen"

Provided Answers: 14
    A cardinal principle of database design states that you store unique data only once. You should not have the same data stored in to (or more) tables. See:1NF, 2NF, 3NF and BCNF in Database Normalization
    Have a nice day!