Unanswered: SQL Server 2012 Express failed install

Hi All,

Well let's just say it is a "stalled" install. Right after the support files are installed it goes away like it is done..with a message saying.." Please wait while MS SQL Server processes the request" or somesuch thing... I am at a standstill until I get this going. I read on blogs.msdn what to check..the log file...and sure enough the failures are exactly what the blogger says they are. The "fix" is to add some reg keys, and put software and files in various mssql folders. Well i do not have them, the install comes off a page the instructor has us use and of course the install is massive...

Any ideas folks ?

thank you

Provided Answers: 11
    Without knowing about what the errors or the fix are, I would be somewhat leery of the fix. That said, can you post the errors from the install log?

Reply to MCrowley

Hey there,

Yes I will attach the sqlsetup_1.log. Search for "fail" . It has something to do with a senarioengine not found I think.

thanks for looking at it !
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 11
    Does this path exist on your machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2012\x86\

Reply about SQLServer path

No it sure doesnt. Just to the ....\bootstrap\ folder, then there is a log folder under it and that's it.

more info about path

Sorry MCrowley, it goes to the Setup Bootstrap folder then there's a Log folder under it and that's it.

my bad

Complete message from blogs.msdn on SS Exp 2012 stalled install

Here you go MCrowley,

Another tidbit of information off that "fix" on the blog. I did capture the needed files an folders during another attempt at an install this morning so I do have all the needed info if I decide to go that route. I ma doing this for a school class and I cant get the instructor to respond to my woes with this.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Instance

Can anyone tell me how to "find" an instance ? My reinstall is hanging up the fact that the install still exists (really? ) after doing an uninstall even...

uuuggghhh

thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by shockerpaul View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to "find" an instance ? My reinstall is hanging up the fact that the install still exists (really? ) after doing an uninstall even...

uuuggghhh

thanks
    Aww,

Makes me remember Da Good Ol' Days bulletproof solution "When encountering a problem: reformat your C drive and reinstall DOS"; later extended with "... and Windows".

Yes I'm that old...
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages