Unanswered: How to restrict DB2 from creating Windows Event Viewer entries

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any way to restrict DB2 from creating Windows event viewer entries when there is a successful log in to the database. I am running Windows 2003 with DB2 V8.2. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
    Debayan

Provided Answers: 18
    I believe such selection of event log entries to be generated is not possible (without code change).
    Nothing stops you from using WMI to remove them periodically...
    You've not explained the motivation.

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

what's the value of your instance parameter notifylevel?
    Regards,
    Mark.

Provided Answers: 18
    Changing notifylevel will impact multiple event-types, that is to say it is not filtering at a specific event (successful connect) which the original poster requested. Hence, the usefulness depends on the motivation...

Hi All,

Thanks a lot everyone. NOTIFYLEVEL is set to 3. The whole objective is to not send successful database logins to the event viewer. This is to fix some windows issue our windows group is facing. This is a temporary troubleshooting mode which they want me to achieve so that they can successfully identify the windows problem. The problem has nothing to do with DB2. Its an account lock-up issue.

I'll try changing the NOTIFYLEVEL to 2 and then 1 and see if this can be achieved.

Thanks,
    Debayan