Thread: Combo box

Unanswered: Combo box

Access 2010

When I select the combo box from the design ribbon and drag it down on the form where I want it it creates a field labeled combox and an unbound field. It does not prompt me for anything else like what table/query would I like. What am I doing wrong?

Provided Answers: 19
    I suspect that you've accidentally clicked on the Wizards Icon and turned them off. Problem is, I have no idea where it's located in v2010! I assume it's somewhere in the Ribbon, but have no idea which tab.

If you place a Command Button on the Form, does it bring up the list of actions or just sit there, like the Combobox? If that Wizard pops up, it may simply be that the Combobox Control is corrupted; solution for that is to delete the current one then re-create it.

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 08-27-14 at 13:19.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

As I said, don't know about v2010, but in v2007, with a Form or Report open in Design View, you go to Ribbon - Design and in the 'Controls' section you have an icon marked 'Use Control Wizards.' In that version it's adjacent to the ActiveX Controls icon.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

Thank you. In the bottom of the Design window check Use Control Wizards.

Glad you found it! I think it's a crime the way the 'Boys of Redmond' feel that they have to change/move everything around with each new version! They apparently have forgotten the philosophy that spawned Windows, all those years ago...that every program/version was to use the same basic commands/shortcuts, to do the day-to-day chores, to cut down on the learning curves!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!