Thread: Crosstab Query

Unanswered: Crosstab Query

I have created a crosstab query based on a date range specified by the user, I need to create an additional field that takes the last date column and subtract it from the average.

Example:
    Name Date12 Amount Average Diference
    Test 7/1/2013 $469.00 $500.00 $31.00

any help would be great.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    do you need to do this within a query or could it be handled in a form or report?
    There may be a way of doing this within a query but I suspect it could be messy, however in the absence of what your query is, what the table design is its kind of hard to say.

Im surprised you need to use a crosstab query for 2, arguably 3 columns thought.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Crosstab Query

I am creating a report that actually reflects a 12 month period takes an average and then deducts the last month from the average to determine a variance amount and a percentage. What I need to do is add two fields Variance Amt and percentage to the end of the crosstab query take the results and drop it into another table for historical reason. Unfortunately this is not my original design I am coming in as a second developer since the first one left.

Provided Answers: 59
    Fair enough
    but in the absence of your table and query design and some sample data (ideally as a MDB but at the very worst as a CSV) its a tough call.......

if 'all' you are doing is running a 12 month average, then do the average as a separate stand alone update query
    ..failing that use the cross tab as a feed stock into a query which pulls the last months actual which does the update
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Crosstab Query

Thanks figured it out created headings 1 thru 12 and did the calc in the report.