Unanswered: Return 0 if no records to count

Hi all,

In the control source of a text box i have the following code.

=Nz(Count([Line]),0)

it displays the number of Line entries. The problem i am having is if there are no lines to count the text box is blank. Instead of being blank i would like it to display 0 but the code above does not work.

thanks for any help
    Marcus

Provided Answers: 24
    The function is DCOUNT("*",query)

thanks ranman256 for the advice. I tried Dcount but have been struggling to get it to display 0 if the number of records is zero. The subform is based off an embedded query and i only need it to count records where a certain criteria is matched. I cant understand the syntax to be honest. I've tried looking online but still confused. Nz(Count([Line]),0) does work once there is more than one record to count, ideally i need it to display 0 if there are no records to count.

would you be able to help with the correct syntax for DCOUNT ? What information do you need?
    thanks
    Marcus

hi all,

just following up on this problem i had. i managed to get the dcount function working..eventually :-) It now displays zero if there are no records to count.

here is the solution which works fine.

Me.txtRecordCount = DCount("[Line]", "Qry_Records_in_PSA", "[fkeyPSA_ID] = [Forms]![Main_Sub_Items]![txtbox_SubItems_Ref_ID]")

thanks
    marcus