Question Unanswered: need help to send text message between groups

Hi,
    I am Beginner in brilliant database i need your help
    i want to send text message between users using show message
    i need to write text message from any account of user and go to switch user so i can see show message come up to me as the alert.

Please help

i will be thankful if you attached as template for me .

Thanks in advanced

Provided Answers: 17
    i need to write text message from any account of user and go to switch user so i can see show message come up to me as the alert.
    You can't do that. It's a real-time “Network” system, so you would have to test this over a network where two users are logged into the same shared database at the same time.

If you have more than one PC, you can do this over your own Wi-Fi/Network to test it.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 1
    dear Raro:

what james told you was useful?

do you really have to do it that way...? if so, what you need is to "create by hand" some sort of "internal mail" of course it can be done with simple actions, but before suggesting something, let us know what you need.

* a "instant messanger" stuff or
    * some kind of internal mail stuff (some one send you a message and the message waits for you to log in to be showed)

best regards from mexico

fer

Another option if the message must be sent while the user is not logged on, or if the database is not shared would be to use a timer to show a popup message when the database is opened by the user. There's a timer called “on database startup” which will do that.

In order for the message to be displayed, you could populate a static variable with the message and when the user logs on, a timer can run when the database loads if the user logged on = a certain name, and if the static variable does NOT contain = “ “ (aka, nothing).

After the message is displayed, the static variable could be set back to “ “.

Only catch with this method is it will only display the messages when the user loads up the database. It will not do real-time messages while the user is logged on.

Regards
    James.

Thumbs up thank you so much guys

yes that is what i need
    * some kind of internal mail stuff (some one send me a message and the message waits for me to log in to be showed)

i have to 3 laptops and wireless network and ready to go just show me please in template how to do that.

thank you so much

Thumbs up if the message must be sent while the user is not logged on

yes also i like this option but i I tried more than once and have not succeeded, please show me in template how to that .

thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by raro View Post
    yes also i like this option but i I tried more than once and have not succeeded, please show me in template how to that .

thank you for your time
    Ok see attached.

1: Open the database as Administrator. (there's no password)
    2: Press the button on the form "Send Message".
    3: Select the user you would like to send a message to, Guest 1 or 2.
    4: Enter your message and press OK.
    5: Sign out of your database and login as the person you sent the message to.

The message will be displayed in a popup window.

You can even send a message back to the Administrator account from any Guest account.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've just had a brain wave.

I believe it's actually possible to write a “User Function” that would give brilliant database itself a full “Send Messages” system that would work with any database you create, a large number of messages and users, with and without networking.

It would take a good many hours of work to create it though as it sounds complicated in my head right now.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    I have nothing to add here as to the solution. However, I have the utmost praise for James' talent with Brilliant Database and his eagerness and willingness to help others. You are an incredible person Mr. Tubbritt!!!

James and MacHeuS have been extremely instrumental in broadening/sharing their attained knowledge with this software here on the dBforums and I will never be able to thank those two for all the amazing help that they have provided to me.
    Daryl G

aww shucks

Red face dear incredible and talent person Mr. Tubbritt

I have tried to use on the network today between 2 laptops from administrator to guest 1 or 2 but its not work also from guest 1 to 2 or to administrator.

in offline mode without network I try to send double message from any accounts the only message work is last one.
    for example i send in same time message one for guest 1 and second to guest 2 the only message is work is second one.

can you please Add these to the template
    please i need more support .
    Thanks again

I have tried to use on the network today between 2 laptops from administrator to guest 1 or 2 but its not work also from guest 1 to 2 or to administrator
    Can you please upload the file you created so I can see how you have written this.

in offline mode without network I try to send double message from any accounts the only message work is last one.
    for example I send in same time message one for guest 1 and second to guest 2 the only message is work is second one.
    By offline mode I assume you mean the demo I made for you? If so, yes, it's working perfectly. The file I uploaded is only to allow you to see how it's done so you can learn it yourself and expand on it as needed.

You need to extend it by creating more static variables to store messages, and you need to use IF statement to manage populating and empting the static variables in order as the messages are read.

Regards
    James