Red face Unanswered: DB2 Instance Issue

Dear Team.,
    I have installed db2 successfully in my machine and created the instance called db2inst1.... Service has been successfully started and I have created the database called "xxx" and connected to the database "xxx".... When I list out the active databases it shows the "xxx".... But the problem for me is when one database is connected am unable to create the new database... It is possible for me to create a new database, when I disconnect the existing one.... Now I created a new database called "yyy" and connect to the new database "yyy". Now I give the list active databases command it displays only the new database "yyy"and not the existing one.....

What is the issue??? And How should I rectify it... Please help me to resolve this....

Provided Answers: 11
    db2 activate command to keep it active
    see infocenter for details
    db2 list db directory to see all created/cataloged db
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

yes my db2 is in active mode only... ya i checked it. It list out the databases but i cant use it for further uses..... what should i do????

please describe in detail what you do and what is needed
    db2 activate db xxx --> will keep the db active even if no connections exist
    db2 list db directory --> lists all cataloged/created database
    what is the command / error you get
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

Please check the attached screen shot.... I think it will give the clear idea.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

is sql1047n not clear ??
    db2 connect reset
    db2 create db...