Unanswered: reports running slow

I have one pc in our office that has an issue when trying to produce reports from Access. I have set up the report db locally on select pcs. It seems only one person has the slow processing issue. None of the others are having the problem. We are using access 2010 and CutePDF. We are using files linked from an AS/400 but it is set the same for everyone.

I can provide more info if needed.

Provided Answers: 24
    Does the PC have less memory? (usu it)
    slower processor?

No. the pc is exactly the same as the others.
    I am thinking there might be a setting that needs to be changed but I am not sure what that setting might be.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by dino624 View Post

...the pc is exactly the same as the others...

...I am thinking there might be a setting that needs to be changed but I am not sure what that setting might be...
    Me, either, but what I am fairly certain of, given your description, is that this is not an Access problem, per se. My guess would be that this is a problem with linking files from the AS/400, on the errant machine, something your networking geeks need to address, or possibly a memory or processing problem, as ranman256 suggested. The fact that the errant machine has the same specs as the other machines, vis--vis these factors, doesn't mean that it has the same memory/speed available! Maybe the user is doing other things, in the background, that are hogging resources. The next time the problem arises I'd open up the Task Manager and see what else is going on.

Linq :0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Just an FYI I know in past versions of Access had issues with PC's running Quickbooks and a few other programs does that user have any other programs running when the report is pulled. I'd suggest doing a reboot and try running the report again before opening any other programs.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

...does that user have any other programs running when the report is pulled...
    Being the skeptic I am, I'd open up the Task Manager to verify that the only things running concurrently with the reports were the business apps claimed by the user; RPGs and such can really be memory hogs!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007