Unanswered: Creating a new textbox in a split DB Access 2007

Good Morning. I am trying to add a text box to split database that already has a frontend and a backend table that are already related.This is a DB I inherited.

1. I opened the backend as a seperate DB and added a field to a table I'll call tblB. - Saved and closed DB.
    2. I opened the frontend DB and added the identical field the the related table. I'll call this table tblF. Saved
    3. Opened my form in design view (BTW my form is a subform if that matters). Clicked add an existing field. Field List pops up. Drag my new field from the backend table(tblB)
    to the form. Specify Relationship GUI pops up. The GUI shows the correct tables (tblB & tblF). I use the pulldowns to create the link and neither of my fields are there.

Provided Answers: 59
    ...and your question is?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Question about adding a textbox to a split DB Access 2007

Sorry.... Obviously I am a novice both to Access and to this Forum. And I even read the "How to post a question" instructions.

Question:
    Why is the "Specify Relationship" GUI not seeing the fields I have added to the frontend and backend tables. The "Specify Relationship" has the correct 2 tables identified but the fields I added are not available in the pulldowns?

Or if this question is too vague, could you direct me to instructions or tell me step by step how to add a textbox to a split DB?

I have been on this for two days.

Thanks, TB

Provided Answers: 19
    What is the point of the Table in the Front End of a Split Database?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The front end table holds all the data entered on the form until the save (onclick) button is pushed. When this happens everything from the front end table is stored in the backend table.

I had put my previous post in question form but it seems to have not posted.

The question I have is:
    How do I add a textbox to the form and have the FE & BE work like all the other fields.
    Sorry if I am not being real clear.

So my question is:
    How do I add a textbox to an existing form that is part of a split DB and get the frontend, the backend, and the textbox all seeing one another and behaving like all the other textboxes on the form.

Provided Answers: 14
    If you need to display data from both the FE and the BE, you can create a UNION query joining both tables (one from the BE and one from the FE). This query will not be updatable, though.
    Have a nice day!

The tables are already linked. There are like 50 fields on this form and they all work great. I am only trying to add one more field.

I am very much a novice but the way I am seeing it I am dealing with 3 objects.

1. A backend table
    2. An identical frontend table
    3. A textbox on the form

The form has like 50 textboxes. They match the fields in the 2 identical tables. As I type in the boxes the frontend table is holding all this data as I tab around the form editing multible fields. When I click the save button all the data is transfered to the backend table where it will be permanently saved even if the computer is turned off. If I don't hit save the new data will disappear into cyber space and the backend data will remain in its original state.

Let me start over

I am a novice so please please bear with me. I am feeling lost. I will start from scratch and try to explain my question better.

I have a split DB in Access2007. 2 accdb files. Data.accdb and Forms.accdb.
    I am dealing with 3 objects.
    1. A backend table with appx. 50 fields
    2. An identical frontend table
    3. A form with a control for every field in these tables

When entering data in the various controls (mostly textboxes) on the form, the front end table temporarily stores this data. The form has a save button. When the save button is clicked all the data now in the front end table is stored in the backend table permanently.

I am trying to add a textbox to the form with the proper fields in both tables so the entering and storing protocal will work according to the above process.
    Step by step how should I do this?

For storing data from a local (F-E) table to a remote database (F-E), you can use an INSERT or UPDATE query:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO BE_TableName ( Field1, Field2, Field3,...FieldN )
    SELECT ( Field1, Field2, Field3,...FieldN )
    FROM FE_TableName;
    Additionally, you can use a criteria for selecting specific rows from the FE_Table:
    Code:
    FROM FE_TableName
    WHERE FE_TableName.Field1 > 5;
    This can even be done if BE_TableName is not linked into the F-E:
    Code:
    IN BackEndDatabase.accdb
    FROM FE_TableName;
    Have a nice day!

Thank you. I was starting to think I needed VBA to do this. Since this form is already in place and working there should be some code like this already in place, I just need to find the code and modify it. I will let you know how it went monday when I go back to work.

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!