Red face Unanswered: Help with Oracle 6i FRM-41076 and FRM-40735 errors

Hello, I have a Oracle 6i form that, when an application user logs in for the first time and uses the mouse to hover over a button, the form returns the error:

"FRM-41076: Error Populating Group"

After clicking "OK" to clear the error, if I hover the mouse again over the same button, this error appears next:

"FRM-40735: WHEN-MOUSE-ENTER trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-304500"

Finally, after clicking "OK" to clear this second error, any subsequent hovering over the button repeatedly continues to produce the following error:

"FRM-40735: WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-304500"

However, when logged on to the forms as the database owner, I get no errors.

This button used to work normally three months ago ... it started to give these errors out of the blue. Any ideas what this might be caused by?

Note: I am not an Oracle 6i programmer/developer, so I do not have access to the source ... I am simply a support agent with some prior programming experience that is trying to figure out who would "own" this problem to fix, so any tips (as detailed as possible) would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm just curious, but are you really using Oracle 6i Forms? The last patch for that product came out more than seven years ago!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Yes, our organization is still using 6i!

I used Process Monitor on ifrun60.exe and it shows that as I hover over the button, Oracle is attempting to access shwhnt32.dll (show hint? dll) but it can't find it. Maybe the form is trying to display a hover hint but cannot do so? Would that result in those error messages I received?

Would you guys and gals have a copy of shwhnt32.dll that I can download? I can't find it anywhere on a web search ...
    Last edited by ecallaw; 09-15-14 at 15:36.

Provided Answers: 4
    Starting from the first error (which says that the trigger can't populate record group), you should find a query (it is a SELECT statement, written somewhere in a trigger; which one? No idea, search for it, might be even WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE) and extract it into SQL*Plus. You should connect as the application user and run that SELECT statement. SQL*Plus will, I hope, reveal the real error cause. That might be missing privileges, as the database owner runs that query successfully.

Finally, it might turn out that you don't need to download anything at all; hopefully, a little GRANT will resolve the situation.

It ended up being the DLL file ... placing a copy of it in the PATH resolved all of my error messages. Thanks everyone!