Unanswered: Vacation Calendar - Black out days that are not in a month

Hi folks,

I hope my title isn't too crazy, but I am not sure how to sum it up.

Here is what I am hoping someone with more brain capacity can help me figure out.

Here goes.....

I have a vacation calendar set up in Excel. I have it filtered with the employees on the left column, the month on the next column and the days of the months (1-31) along the top.

I have conditional formatting to block out the weekends and holidays, but I can't figure out how to make the extra days that show up for Feb (for example) black out so no one puts a vacation day in there.

I tried the simple way of just filling it in, but the CF I set up for weekends overrides it.

Does anyone have a quick simple solution to my problem.

I have attached the file so you can take a look if I butchered the explanation.

Thanks in advance for any responses I get.

Hoping someone can help and looking forward to your responses.

Have a great day!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    to my way of thinking this is precisely the sort of thing that should NOT be done in Excel, its more suited to a db than a spreadsheet.

here's an example of the sort of thing that Ive done before using Access. the report shows for one month, but it could give some ideas

I did try to look at your Excel model, but with the hidden rows, compilation /. runtime errors I gave up trying to work out what was or wasn't working
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I removed some tabs from the sheet because I was playing with different ideas and some macros were pointed to them. There have only been one error.
    I believe I have removed it from this file.

The hidden lines are only filtered (they were filtered to make the sheet easier to follow)

I am going to use Access in the end, but to send this out of the folks that are going to fill it in and return it to me, I need to use Excel. I will them upload the sheets into Access.

Your idea is awesome but will not work for me.

Thanks for your suggestions.