Unanswered: Playing with Google maps

Hi guys!
    I'm trying to figure out something that's in my head and I don't know if this is possible to create inside BDB. I would like to put on my HTML page in BDB possibility to play with Google maps.
    Example... I'm creating an application for natural disasters database. Let's say there's forrest on fire. I'm filling electronic form to notify everybody in the chain of command BUT I want to draw on Google maps area on fire and create routes for evacuation and stuff. It's easy to create that inside Google maps in browser but can I have that kind of freedom in HTML page inside BDB?
    I can reproduce finished maps inside BDB but don't know how to create controls to edit map and publish new version of it.
    Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 17
    Why don't you just draw the map in Google Maps, and simply copy the URL to the completed map when your done. Then create a HTML field or folder in brilliant database that simply open the link inside brilliant database?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Why don't you just draw the map in Google Maps, and simply copy the URL to the completed map when your done. Then create a HTML field or folder in brilliant database that simply open the link inside brilliant database?
    I can do that but I would like the possibility to EDIT google map not just show it. Is it possible to draw the map inside HTML folder? Can I emulate in some way web browser inside BDB?
    I need possibility to draw inside map but not to leave BDB.

Provided Answers: 17
    What you could do then is set the URL by a variable in your HTML folder rather than you entering in an actual URL into the HTML code.

This way you can create buttons on the HTML folder menu bar that will allow you to dynamically switch the URL between the Google Edit page and whatever the final URL link will be after all the changes are made.

So for example you will create two buttons. One called “Edit” and the other called “Update”.

When you press Edit, the variable which is entered into your HTML code supplies the path to the google maps edit page, allowing you to edit the Map from inside brilliant database as if it were a browser.

When your edits are complete, you press Update and you can use that button in conjunction with a “User Input” variable to populate the original variable to the new link Google Maps gives you. Which in turn get the map to display as normal again.

Regards
    James.

Will try that.
    Thanks.