Unanswered: Export from hadr standby db

Dear all,

db2 10.5 LUW on AIX 7

Environment:

1. Primary - p and Standby - s database are there in hadr mode Active - passive.

2. Primary runs all day without hadr connected. In night we connect the hadr and all the logs are replayed on standby. Than we disconnect hadr again.

3. PROBLEM : Table "mytab" of primary live db is incorrectly updated by user. as standby still have the old version of table "mytab" (as it lags behind primary by 1 day), we are planning to export the data from standby and loading it back on primary.

4. Is it possible TO EXPORT THE DATA OF TABLE "mytab" FROM STANDBY ?

5. Is it possible TO EXPORT THE DATA OF TABLE "mytab" FROM STANDBY when it is in RoS (Read on standby) mode (regestry DB2_HADR_ROS = ON) ?

6. If above 2 points is not feasible, any other wayout for this please ?

Please suggest.

thanks in advance
    ssumit

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

4. Such an "export" can be done by the following command:
    db2dart mydb /DDEL
    but you should be aware of the limitations described there.

5. Yes, it's possible of course.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Thanks Mark,

Db2dart solves my purpose.

One more question
    If DB2_HADR_ROS=ON is set, can we connect standby db even IF HADR IS IN DISCONNECT STATE ?

Thanks in advance
    ssumit

Provided Answers: 55
    According to the Reads on standby restrictions - "The standby is inaccessible to user connections when it is in the local catchup state". I can't check it now, but looking at the
    DB2 high availability disaster recovery (HADR) database states I can guess that if your database is active and has passed the local catchup state, then it should be accessible for reads until you deactivate it explicitly.

BTW, why don't you use HADR delayed replay?
    Regards,
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding.

A Standby DB (ROS) can only be connected when it is "Active standby" (HADR Connected state),
    But as soon as HADR is connected logs start applying and due to this data of problem table will also get corrupted (As Primary DB table was incorrectly updated) .
    Now its no use to take export of that table from standby.

As far as HADR delayed replay is concerned, together with ROS capability it can be used on standby to export 'before' image of data from table.

Am i grasped correctly ?

thanks
    ssumit