Unanswered: 10.1 Transparent LDAP crashes the instance

Hey all 10.1 on RHEL 11

We've set up transparent LDAP authentication on Linux with DB2AUTH=OSAUTHDB and it's working well... unfortunately there seems to be a bug in NAMCD which causes it to stop working for authentication until it is restarted (we can't even log into the servers directly when it goes down)

Unfortunately when NAMCD goes down it seems to cause the instance to crash too. We had the same problem under 9.7 and hoped moving to 10.1 would resolve the instance crash issues (obviously we really need the Linux team to resolve the NAMCD issue... they have also applied patch but it's still occurring)

Anyone else experienced this and has any suggestions or knows if there's a FP level that addresses the instance crashing in this circumstance? I can't find any APARs etc.

Nobody else seeing this?

I am just starting out trying to use transparent LDAP with 9.7 on RHEL 6.3/4. I haven't run into NAMCD at all yet. I am using the SSSD to authenticate to LDAP.

The problem I am having is that once we set DB2AUTH=OSAUTHDB, we can only access db2 through the command line on the linux server running DB2. We can't do it with the db2 client and with DB2 in linux, when we use a connect to statement, we can't specify a user. Auth fails. Any ideas?

Hmnnn I haven't tried that yet... we do have users connecting via DBViz using type 4 drivers...

Thumbs up

Solved my own problem, not yours. Solution to the DB2AUTH issue was changing the NSSWITCH.cfg settings to reference pam_sss.so instead of pam_ldap.so.