Question Unanswered: Is Runtime 2013 causing a problem between MSAccess 2007/MSAccess 2013

I am using Windows 7 and have both MS Access 2007 Enterprise and MS Access 2013 Professional installed on my computer. I installed MSA 2013 a couple of months ago and retained MSA 2007 in case I wanted to revert back to MSA 2007. I developed a database program with MSA 2007 and continued to work on it with MSA 2013. I would work on the program a little and then save any changes with a new version number retaining the previous versions, just in case I made a bad mistake. I noticed no problems with the changeover and am working towards deployment. Everything seemed to work correctly until last night. In preparation for deployment I downloaded and installed Runtime 2013. Since then, a hopefully slight problem has developed.

If I open my database in the normal fashion, it opens fine and everything seems to work OK. However, if I open the db in “design” mode and click on the “File” tab and then attempt to click on the “Options” button, I get a “Setup Error” message. The message reads: “The setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log files for further information on this error”. When I click on the “OK” button another window pops up. This one says it is the “Windows Installer” and “Preparing to Install” and then it automatically goes to another window entitled “Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007”. The accompanying message informs “Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007”, even though I am using MSA 2013. This process continues for a minute or so and then apparently quits. This happens each time I load the same (or even previous copies) of my database in design view.
    Help needed: (A) Is this normal for dual installations of MSA 2007 and 2013?; (B) Is this because of the installation of Runtime 2013?; (C) How can I fix the problem?; (D) Where will I find the logs referred to the review the information they contain?

Sorry for the length of this request. I will be appreciative of any suggestions and help that can be offered.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 14
    Generally speaking, installing 2 (or more) versions of Access usually causes problems. This is because Access files (.mdb, .accdb) use a set of Office shared files (.dll). Every time you switch from one version to another, the installer must register the proper libraries into the Registry. Installing an Access run-time does not help as the run-time uses the same files as the full version of Access, the difference being that different keys and key values are stored in the Registry. If you need several versions of Access (or of any product of the Office suite for that matter) on the same machine, it's better to set up a virtual machine (MS Virtual PC is free) and have the least used version installed on it.
    Have a nice day!

Thumbs up Thanks to Sinndho

My sincere thanks Sinndho. I'm not familiar with Runtime and thought I needed it to package with my db when I deploy it for those people who are not using MS Access 2013 but are using an earlier version. (I'm still trying to learn.)

I will investigate MS Virtual PC and, most likely, will install it. Darn, it seems like another simple solution that I was not familiar with.

Thanks again........

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!