Unanswered: NOVICE! Issues with parameter dialogue message on Navigation Form

I'm a novice (self teaching) and I'm trying to create an Access db to replace a current Excel db. I have created a Form w/multiple combo boxes that filter a subform query. On its own, the form is working like I had hoped. I can open the form without any "parameter dialogue messages appearing".

However, when I try adding that form into my NavigationForm the "parameter messages" pop up for every combo box. Is there way to suppress this so the subform on the NavigationForm opens up exactly like it does if I launched it as a stand-alone report.

I apologize now if my terminology is basic. Again, I'm self-taught using forums and YouTube. This is my 1st actual post to ask for help. Thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 23
    You cant use form boxes in a query if there's nothing in
    Test all controls for a possible filter then build the sql.
    on btnFind_Click()...

dim sSql as string, sWhere as string
    if not isnull(cboState) then   sWhere = sWhere & " and [state]='" & cboState & "'"
    if not IsNull(txtName) then    sWhere = sWhere & " and [Name]='" & txtName & "'"
    if not IsNull(chkContact) then sWhere = sWhere & " and [Contact]=" & chkContact.value
        'remove 1st And
    sWhere= mid(sWhere,4)
    sSql = "SELECT * FROM tblCompany WHERE " & sWhere
    frmResults.Recordsource = sSql

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    If that were the problem, it would have shown up when the Form was run independently, and it didn't; everything worked then. I run 2007, and so have no experience with Navigation Forms, but when a Form is added to a Navigation Form that Form then becomes a Subform, and the Controls on it have to be referenced differently. I suspect that the RowSources for these Comboboxes reference Controls on the Form/Subform and they have to be addressed differently, now. Here's a link that shows how to do that:

Forms: Refer to Form and Subform properties and controls

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007