Talking Unanswered: Windows Batch scripting

Hello All,

I am trying to write an windows batch for db2 to get few details from it, Also i would be using some of the OS level (windows) to get the permission and other details for which i have UNIXUTIL along side to use. Please let me know any good tutorials that i can use as a guide.

DB2 V9.5
    Windows Server 2008

Thanks in Advance.
    - Ananth
    DB2 DBA LUW
    "coming second, just means you are the first loser"

Provided Answers: 54
    I would strongly suggest using PowerShell instead of batch. If you think of windows batch as a bash script, a PowerShell script is more like Perl. PowerShell has been provided with Windows since 2005.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks for your response Pat.

I was looking to convert the shell script i have it for Unix envi. So thought it would be easy to do so. But i will take look at Powershell.
    - Ananth
    DB2 DBA LUW
    "coming second, just means you are the first loser"

I started using Powershell since last month and I noticed the faster response in my code compared when I am using batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    I would strongly suggest using PowerShell instead of batch. If you think of windows batch as a bash script, a PowerShell script is more like Perl. PowerShell has been provided with Windows since 2005.

-PatP