Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,514
    Provided Answers: 11

    Unanswered: migrate mysql to sqlserver error 22018

    Having a mysql database and a sql server db
    trying to use ssma to migrate data to sqlserver
    for most of the tables - ddl and data could be migrated, but for some tables there is a problem with data
    The data migration engine is migrating table 'otrs.article': > OTRS.dbo.article, 53482 rows total
    ERROR [22018] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(a) Driver][mysqld-5.1.51-community-log]
    Errors: ERROR [22018] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(a) Driver][mysqld-5.1.51-community-log]
    Table otrs.article data migration: 6056 rows processed....
    it continues and migrates 67% of data .. trying this again returned different amount.
    I am using mysql odbc connector 5.3.4
    ssma 6.0.0 on sql server 2012
    The error is not well documented : is it a mysql error / sqlstate / odbc error ?
    seen many entries in different forum where they discuss about invalid data ?
    anybody seen this problem before or having any idea where to start looking for ?
    thanks for all update/help
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1

    Had the same problem -- fixed it

    Hello,
    I had exactly the same problem. This fixed it for me:

    I had created a system DSN for the connection.
    The DSN was using the ANSI ODBC driver for MYSQL.
    The data I was pulling was unicode data.
    When I changed the DSN to use the Unicode MYSQL driver, then it worked.

    Hope this helps.

    Lewis

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up Unicode MySQL driver fixed it

    Quote Originally Posted by lewisworley View Post
    Hello,
    I had exactly the same problem. This fixed it for me:

    I had created a system DSN for the connection.
    The DSN was using the ANSI ODBC driver for MYSQL.
    The data I was pulling was unicode data.
    When I changed the DSN to use the Unicode MYSQL driver, then it worked.

    Hope this helps.

    Lewis
    Thanks, Lewis. This is exactly the problem I had. Changing to the Unicode MySQL driver solved the problem. Thanks for your post!
    -Dave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •