Unanswered: ERwin forward engineer problem

Hi, guys. I hope I am at the right place/subforum.

I am trying to forward engineer ERwin database model to relational schema.

I go Tools -> Forward engineer -> Schema generation. After clicking on "Preview" I get a preview of DDL expressions for creating tables, but when I click "generate", I only get various error messages and no query is created. After trying to set up ODBC data source again, I just got different kind of error messages.

At the first try, it was mainly "cannot find table or constraint. Execution failed".
    After trying to check if I set up ODBC properly, and installing data source again I got "[MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.20]No database selected"

Tried to google it, to search various forums and documentation, but it seems there is barely anything on this, so I hoped I could get some help here.

An example of queries shown when I press Tools -> Forward engineer -> Schema generation -> Preview:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE IGRAC
    (
    	Legitimacija          VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
    	Pozicija              VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,
    	Minuta                INTEGER NOT NULL,
    	Golova                INTEGER NOT NULL,
    	Zuti_kartoni          INTEGER NOT NULL,
    	Crveni_kartoni        INTEGER NOT NULL
    )
    ;

ALTER TABLE IGRAC
    	ADD  PRIMARY KEY (Legitimacija)
    ;

Is there mistake in my model, or I failed to setup some system variables properly? I have Mysql server installed and activated. ODBC installed:

EDIT: It seems I cannot reply to posts, for whatever reason may be... only get a blank screen when reply, and no reply is posted?! So I'll try to reply here - Connection test is always successful, I guess that's not the issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails odbc problem source.JPG   odbc problem.JPG  
    Last edited by Juventus; 10-02-14 at 12:47.

Provided Answers: 54
    In the image that you posted, no user and password has been provided and no database is selected. This is probably where you need to start. You must get the ODBC connection so that it will test successfully before you can proceed.

If the ODBC test fails, then ErWin doesn't even get to talk to the database and it will fail.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I knew I forgot to mention something... Connection test was always successful (even without password, user and database) so it probably has to be something else.

Duplicate post...
    Last edited by Juventus; 10-02-14 at 14:30. Reason: duplicate

OK, hopefully this might get us on the trail:

The only database there is, after ODBC installation, is "information_schema", which is default, I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odbc db list.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	15877

If I use "information_schema" in ODBC settings, I get following message:

Name:	erw denied.JPG 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	15878

If I leave "database" empty, error message is different:

Name:	erw denied empty.JPG 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	15879

As I read in MySQL ODBC instructions, database list should be automatically populated with databases user has permission to acces. So, should I make some database before (how, what program, what extension?), and how I make sure it will be on the list?

Solved!

Solved. Not quite sure how, to be frank... I found out that I didn't install MySQL server on XP's administrator account, so I uninstalled it, logged on admin account, installed it again, and that might be it. But just maybe. It simply works now. Hope this can help someone some day.

Thank you for your time, Pat!