Unanswered: Hiding blank fields in a query

I have no idea why this is so hard...

everything I have attempted to google has been overly complicated and I may just be missing something ( just starting to learn access 2013 )

I have a query of two tables.

table 1 - 10 records. ModelA and NumberOfModelATanks from A to E ( 5 possible different models of tanks ) - One style
    table 2 - 10 records. ModelA and NumberOfModelATanks from A to E ( 5 possible different models of tanks ) - Different style

Normally there is only one Model of tank in a system, but some instances there are multiple.

I want the query to hide all the unused or blank models from both tables. Not being used - just not shown.

I figured it would be a simple thing..... if it is blank hide it.. but apparently access doesn't work that way.
    I have tried "is not null" but that just removes every record from the query but leaves the headers there.

any ideas?

Or should I have different tables for each instead of putting them all into one?
    Last edited by JHolderBC; 10-02-14 at 14:40.

Provided Answers: 59
    personally I think your design is wrong. it smacks of a spreadsheet thought process not a db.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Exactly the issue it seems.

I have a rather large excel spreadsheet and I am trying to convert it to a DB. Since I can leverage the data much better this way.. Seems I need to tackle it in another direction.