Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    48

    Unanswered: Strange Result From Access Unmatched Records Query

    Hi Guys,

    I'm a bit puzzled here and I hape someone can provide some insight.

    I created an Unmatched Records Query using the Query Wizard. The tables in question are album titles. One of the tables contains data imported from the iTunes XML file the other is my own table. I recently did some major updates to my music lib using an MP3 tag updating program. I created the Unmatched Records Query to help me resolve differences in the album titles comparing my table against the data imported from the iTunes XML file. I have them all resolved except for one. I've added the record to my Titles table and used copy/paste to ensure proper spelling. No matter what I do the query still says it's an unmatched record. Here's the real kicker, I ran the Unmatched Records Query in reverse looking at it the other way and this title shows up in both queries. What the devil is happening here? If I pull out any more of my hair I'll soon be bald!!!! Any help you can offer is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    495
    Provided Answers: 24
    Are you sure theres not the slightest bit of typo to have it show missing?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    48
    Yes, I am sure. I used copy paste to ensure that everything was maintained correctly. I even removed the album from iTunes and manually updated the metadata, added the album again then exported the data from iTunes and reimported it into access. I've even recreated the query. I'm totally stumped. The part that I find odd is that the record shows up in both queries.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out on a limb
    Posts
    13,692
    Provided Answers: 59
    Its going to be a typo or a hidden character.
    Check spelling, look for capitalisation differences, additional spaces, different punctuation
    Check the length of the track name. Sometimes addional non printing cgaracters can be embedded in the data. This is also sometimes a symptom of failing to correctly represent characters fireign language characters
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    48
    Been there, done that. Got the headache to prove it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out on a limb
    Posts
    13,692
    Provided Answers: 59
    So check the length of each
    then di a character by character comparison
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    48
    Not sure what the exact problem was but I got it fixed. Something in the metedata was off. I went through track by track and cleared the album title data then added it again track by track by copy/paste from my table then added the album back into iTunes and repeated the export import process and ran the queries again. Both came back with no unmatched records. Now maybe I can get back on track.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •