Thread: dBforum E-mails

dBforum E-mails

This is my first time venturing away from the Brilliant Database forum here on dBforums so please be gentle. I have a question/concern about some of the automated E-mails that I sometimes receive from the dBforums. Today, I, just as I imagine that many of you, received one of these entitled "Your data: friend or Foe?" offering a white paper from Windward. While I may be interested in reading this white paper, I am not willing to fill out the form required to gain access to the paper.

Granted, the obvious response is to simply ignore this but I ask why the paper cannot be directly available as it appears in the dBforum's E-mail? As this is the 'Suggestions & Feedback' portion I would like to suggest that dBforums not accept such advertisements that require the audience here to provide such information... as I do not want to get bombarded with endless E-mails from Windward. There could be some relevant information in this purported white paper - so why not make it available and let the user decide on whether or not that they wish to contact Windward (or any other business that is soliciting here for customers)?

I have been EXTREMELY pleased by the professionalism that occurs on the Brilliant Database forum and I hope that the same holds true in this section of dBforums (thanks moderators).
    Sincerely,
    Daryl G
    Daryl G

Daryl:

Please check the PM I just sent you. I'd like to investigate the email that you've received.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Pat,
    It is in your inbox.
    Daryl G