Hello dBforums,

Firstly, I have no idea if I am in the right place for this type of question, so I apologize in advance if I am completely off-track here.

Basically, I am close to the owner of a gameserver for a game called Life is Feudal, a medieval sandbox type game, which uses a MySQL database. The game was patched late last night, addressing some memory leakages, and since that update, our server has been unable to be restarted. Although we are inexperienced with these types of issues, we suspect the problem has something to do with the database, but we are unable to sufficiently troubleshoot it. This is what has brought me here, to dBforums.

The server, when restarted, displays the error "The instruction at 0x00d833a1 referenced memory at 0x0001b2b1. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program". The result of this error is that a large portion of the map, in-game, is corrupted; ie, that part of the map (about 1/4 of it) is missing all the data which was previously there (buildings, altered landscapes, tunnels, etc).

We are hoping that someone in this community may be able to shed light on what we are experiencing, or even point us in the right direction as far as workarounds/fixes go. If I am leaving out any crucial details that would be necessary to understand this problem in more depth, I would be more than happy to dig them up and provide them here. I don't know if this is an appropriate offer, but mild pay could be negotiated if you think you could help us, for a fee. In any case, we are in a pickle here, and have no idea how to proceed in order to save the progress community members have made on the server, so any guidance would be exceptionally appreciated.

Thanks dBforums,

Matt