Unanswered: Load Markers in Google Map within DB

Hi,

Hats off to all those brilliant brains on DB from which I have been learning a lot.

I wish to create a database which would list client's projects and store their locations as two columns for X and Y or Lat or Lon.

My aim is to dynamically load all coordinates as markers in Google Maps but within DB itself.

Also, I wish to have the possibility to add/store new coordinates for new projects from the map within DB itself.

Any hint ot sample which I may use as a reference?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Gants

Provided Answers: 17
    Would I be right in saying......

….You will have a bunch of records, each record will contain one GPS location, and you want one HTML page to display Google Maps, and the GPS locations of everyone on your records as markers?

I just need to get it right in my head first before I see what's involved in coding that.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Would I be right in saying......

.You will have a bunch of records, each record will contain one GPS location, and you want one HTML page to display Google Maps, and the GPS locations of everyone on your records as markers?

I just need to get it right in my head first before I see what's involved in coding that.

Regards
    James

Hi Sir,

Thanks for answering.

I understand that it is to possible independently display one marker on a google map for each record and that is by the parsing the GPS coordinates as variables in an URL.

Now the challenge is about to display all markers for all records on the Google Map at once and marker style would be dependent on a certain column value.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Gantaf

Now, the challenge

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    Can you please post the HTML code for one of your markers so I can play around with it.

I know how to get brilliant database to pull all the GPS data from all records in a folder, but I need to see how to get Google's API to feed back the right information.

Regards
    James.