Unanswered: Query Not Populating multiple results

I am using the query below

What I am trying to do is get 4 combinations

1) Department + source of Tag+ specific Date
    2) Department + Specific Date
    3) Source of Tag + Specific Date
    4) All records

This query is meeting my 2nd and 3rd condition however if I delete the paramters for 2nd and 3rd 1st combination works fine. But I want all four conditions met in one query

SELECT [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].*, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Department, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Source Of Tag], [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Close Date]
    FROM [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition]
    WHERE ((([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Department)=[Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboDepartment]) AND (([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate] Or ([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate]) AND (([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Source Of Tag])=[Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboSourceOfTag])) OR ((([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Department)=[Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboDepartment]) AND (([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate] Or ([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate])) OR ((([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate] Or ([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date) Between [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboStartDate] And [Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboEndDate]) AND (([Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Source Of Tag])=[Forms]![frmHighLevelReport]![cboSourceOfTag]));

Provided Answers: 59
    so its going to be a problem with your bracketing together of terms
    ...however in the meantime why do you select the same column more than once

SELECT [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].*, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Department, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].Date, [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Source Of Tag], [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].[Close Date]

[Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition].* means return all columns in table [Unsafe Act Unsafe Condition]
    so there is no need to add the other columns from the same table. OR better yet explicitly select which columns you need as opposed to grabbing every column in the table. its probably not an issue here but it can lead to perfomance problems over time with humungous datasets.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 24
    Your WHERE may be wrong
    In the access qry design, if each date range is for separate fields, then they must be on different lines of the criteria.
    dept + TAG + DATE on 1 line
    dept + date on line 2
    It will look like a stair step

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OR.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	15907