Question Unanswered: How to hide records when send it to the Archive folders

I Need to know How to hide records when send it to the Archive folders?
    I need to hide from Search in my Database.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    You need to write your own search engine using Queries as the default Search engine will scan hidden folders and even show them to end users. Which it shouldn't do, so that's something I hope Brilliant Database fix in the future.

Anyway, I've modified your file to do all this. Now when you press the Find button on the Toolbar, a custom search will run based on Queries and it will display them in the main table, with a button that will exit you from the search results back to the main records.

I've also modified your Archive folder so that it is invisible in the Compiled App. This is something only the SDK edition can do, (Ultimate Edition) so if your not using the SDK edition, you wont be able to hide the folder.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Dear you are really professional, I wish to be on this level one day.

Provided Answers: 1
    dear raro, there is also an option that can work...

when creating your forms, select the "fields" (fields, not records) you want to hide, then in field properties you have an option called "system" or so, (at the end of the list) there you can mark a field like not "searchable".

maybe a convination of this could work.

* another idea could be that in your form, you create a field a check box, called "mark as searchable", and create a "View" rule, that all of the fields of your form can or not be seen if the check box is mark.

(i dont know if i explained well, you know some times the english writing just dont goes well in the mornings )

best regards from mexico

fer

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Fer.

when creating your forms, select the "fields" (fields, not records) you want to hide, then in field properties you have an option called "system" or so, (at the end of the list) there you can mark a field like not "searchable".
    Setting the fields to “system” won't work as that will make them invisible to the search engine permanently regardless of what folder they are currently stored in.

He only wants them to be invisible and hidden from the search engine when they are in the Archive folder.

* another idea could be that in your form, you create a field a check box, called "mark as searchable", and create a "View" rule, that all of the fields of your form can or not be seen if the check box is mark.
    That won't work either as the search engine can read and find the contents of a field that is invisible.

By right the search engine should not look in any hidden folder, but it does. So really the only way to do this I think is to go with the custom search using a query as I posted above.

Regards
    James

Your are right my dear , but thank you so much for all of you.
    Thank you so much Mr.ferslash