Unanswered: The instruction at '0x77f87eeb' referenced memory at.....

Hello all

I'm not a database programmer, just an It support guy trying to help out a customer.....

They have an antiquated database system called Compass that uses Informix as its database engine. The system runs on a Windows server. Some weeks ago, my client noticed that no-one could access the system. Using the very little knowledge I have, I found that some settings for connecting to the database appeared to have been lost. I "guessed" what the settings may be and now when launching the application I get the message:

"Exception happened: 0xc000005: The instruction at '0x77f87eeb' referenced memory at '0x34'. The memory could not be read". This is seen within the wIntegrate screen which is used to connect to the database.

I appreciate this may all appear a bit vague at this stage, but I'm not sure what other information would be needed for someone to shed some light on this. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Glen

Provided Answers: 1
    What do you call "the application'" ?
    at some place you should have the informix log file on the server, probably called online.log, that will tell you what really happens
    your message rings absolutely no bell at all