Unanswered: Filter Split Form based on Combo Box

I'm trying to filter a split form based on a combo box. The combo box is text data. I would also like to have an additional combo box or date picker to filter on date. Here is the VBA I have used for my text data.

Private Sub cboFunctionalArea_AfterUpdate()

Me.Filter = "[FunctionalArea] = " & Chr(34) & Me.cboFunctionalArea & Chr(34)
    Me.FilterOn = True

End Sub

When this runs I receive an error that reads:

"The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control."

I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    what is the value of the filter (the actual contents of the filter AFTER iuts been built up
    ...assuming the code halts at that line, mo9ve the mouse curosr over it.

TBH I tend to assign any SQL or psuedo SQL to a variable then assign it to things like a recordset open or filter. it makes debuggign a lot easier

Im guessing you need to explicitly define what property you want from
    cboFunctionalArea, whether thaasts .text, .value, .column(x) or whatever is hard to say without knowing what is in the combo box
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Attached DB

I have attached the database. The issue I'm having is found in form ''frmPrevDayAttendance". The combo box is populated by any FunctionalArea(grouped) found in the tblAttendance.
    Attached Files Attached Files