Thread: Scripts Needed

Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Scripts Needed

Hi there people. i earlier on posted a thread about how to make a field give positions to a class. thanks to all of you who wanted to help. my issue now is that.... someone whom i presented the same issue to after getting the database file has been able to do exactly what i wanted now its left with how to do it myself. he has been unreachable for some time now. he created a .exe file of it and sent it to me which i have. anybody that would want to help can pls send the email so i foward the files to the person. im new to scripting and its not going down too well for me. any book or lesson recommendation to help me understand brilliant database script designer is welcome. it seems the help file is not enough. thanks

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    I have to apologise that I still didn't get around to looking at your updated database. I'm in a spot of bother here myself with my own work and to top things off, a very expensive piece of equipment I own has failed causing me untold trouble.

The EXE file you were sent, is this your database compiled or someone else's program? If it's your own database compiled, EXE files set to work with one database still create a file called “empty.bbd” when your installing the exe.

This database can be opened in your own copy of brilliant database “IF” the person who compiled it forgot to encrypt it. If you can open that, it will contain all you need to examine.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 1
    Hello James... thanks for replying. sorry for the bother u going through im hoping things get along for you pretty soon. actually i did what you asked and im able to get the database file which was used to create the EXE... that is the "empty.bbd" . tho i dont understand the formulas and the scripts he used it doesnt seem like something difficult to do if you have the understanding. i think he used some queries stuff too. anyways. im gona send you a second mail of the software created plus afew additional files. i understand you are kinda tight with personal stuff now. i have time to wait. so let say i will be waiting. honestly i dont understand the script and queries and formula stuff. tho im able to do alil around them. i will sure be waiting just try not to forget someone is waiting lol.

Regards
    Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    I have to apologise that I still didn't get around to looking at your updated database. I'm in a spot of bother here myself with my own work and to top things off, a very expensive piece of equipment I own has failed causing me untold trouble.

The EXE file you were sent, is this your database compiled or someone else's program? If it's your own database compiled, EXE files set to work with one database still create a file called “empty.bbd” when your installing the exe.

This database can be opened in your own copy of brilliant database “IF” the person who compiled it forgot to encrypt it. If you can open that, it will contain all you need to examine.

Regards
    James.