Unanswered: Creating the DB2 Administration Server - Failing

Hey Guys,

I'm in the middle of doing a vanilla install of the IBM Websphere Commerce installation on Linux. When my installer starts, it attempts to install the OOTB DB2 Database first, but fails and I get the following errors:

Creating the DB2 Administration Server :.......Failure
    The Fast Connection Manager (FCM) base port was not specified for the instance
    "db2user". Default parameters will be used.

Initializing instance list :.......Success
    Command to be run: "cd /opt/apps/IBM/db2/V9.5/;/opt/apps/IBM/db2/V9.5/instance/db2icrt -a server -s ese -u db2fwc1 -p db2c_db2user db2user".
    The instance "db2user" has been created successfully.

The value "SVCENAME=db2c_db2user" was set in the DBM CFG file for the "db2user"

Configuring DB2 instances :.......Success
    ERROR: An error occurred while updating the configuration parameter
    "DASADM_GROUP" to "daswcg1" for the DB2 Administration Server. The return value
    is "-7051".

ERROR: An error occurred while updating the DB2 Administration Server's
    configuration with the specified administration group. Ensure the DASADM_GROUP
    setting is correct by using the GET ADMIN CONFIGURATION command. To modify the
    value of any DB2 Administration Server configuration parameter, use the UPDATE

I'm not sure how to resolve this error. I've seen some solutions on Windows systems on how to kick this off manually. But haven't found much information on the Linux side of the house. In addition, if you want the full error-log, I have that as well to share.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 17
    Details of Linux, which distro, which release, chipset etc ?

What is the build and fixpack level of the Websphere-Commerce ?

Is there a currently supported build of Websphere commerce that you could use instead (which delivers a supported higer version of db2 than v9.5 ) ?

The command that creates the db2-administration-server is dascrt. It failed. See the db2 online documentation for details. Your log file(s) should show the name of the DAS user (= name of the das instance), let's call it $dasuser . A log file might also show the reason for dascrt failing (not shown in your first post), check /tmp for any other log files with db2 in their filename. Otherwise you might try (as root) to run dascrt -u $dasuser and see what messages it reports on screen, after verifying that $dasuser exists, is not locked, and is not expired, and that a DAS does not already exist on this linux. You might be able to resolve the issue, drop the DAS (dasdrop), then retry the installation.
    Last edited by db2mor; 11-07-14 at 06:12.

To make life easy on yourself do not create the das. It is not needed and is depricated in later releases.