Unanswered: SQL 2008 R2 Matntenance Task time limit

I have a maintenance plan that does the following
    Check DB Integrity
    Backup DB
    Reorg Index
    Update Stat
    Maintenance Cleanup.

I would like to set a max time limit on reorg index (10 mins) , means after 10 mins it moves on to the next task.
    Is there an option in SSMS?

Provided Answers: 10
    Even if you could do that, wouldn't that mean that the "later" indexes will never get reorganised?
    Perhaps you should just change your re-org step to be a bit smarter about what it reorgs and when...
    George
    Home | Blog

It usually takes less than 30 seconds to complete. I am not bothered about its completion as i have an another job set to do this weekly.
    I just dont want it to run for more than 10 mins.

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqaz View Post
    It usually takes less than 30 seconds to complete. I am not bothered about its completion as i have an another job set to do this weekly.
    I just dont want it to run for more than 10 mins.
    Are you rebuilding indexes and updating statistics when those things need to be done for a particular table or are you just doing a blanket rebuild regardless of the need?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Its reorganizing idexes not rebuilding in a maitenance plan for user databases.