Thread: Report writing

Unanswered: Report writing

Dear Brilliant users

Currently reports are attached to a form. Is it possible to create two reports( with differnt record sets) and combine them through script to make one report whether using same form or different forms.The point is to insert report inside another report. Currently I am creating different reports and binding outside using pdf writer.

Any help please!! Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Asokram

Provided Answers: 1
    man, i got the same issue some weeks ago, i got to sent the information of one recordset to a global text variable, (using a loop) and then create a report for the second recordset, so, i designed the report for the second record set, and attached the info of the first recordset into the report using a formula, that displayed the global txt variable.

(i hope this works for you) (i guess that tonite i can e mail you my sample, so you can pick i script as a base...

best regards

fer

Quote Originally Posted by ferslash View Post
    man, i got the same issue some weeks ago, i got to sent the information of one recordset to a global text variable, (using a loop) and then create a report for the second recordset, so, i designed the report for the second record set, and attached the info of the first recordset into the report using a formula, that displayed the global txt variable.

(i hope this works for you) (i guess that tonite i can e mail you my sample, so you can pick i script as a base...

best regards

fer
    Thank you Ferslah for your reply. I would like to see your script.
    I am wondering to look how you managed to format the first recordset which were stored in the glabal variable particularly for non text fields(image, rtf etc) if any.

Regards
    Asokram

Provided Answers: 17
    I am wondering to look how you managed to format the first recordset which were stored in the glabal variable particularly for non text fields(image, rtf etc) if any.
    If you send a RTF field to a Variable and then add that Variable to a Report Style, it's just going to come out the other end as plain text.

Regards
    James