Red face Unanswered: Inventory Item sample programs

hi there guys!

I have a difficulty in building my own inventory system through brilliant database. Can I have some inventory scripts you have for my project?

These includes:
    TOTAL INVENTORY - CURRENT WITHDRAWAL = INVENTORY COUNT BALANCE

PLEASE HELP

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Simple Man
    I have not built a inventry program in BD as yet but did a similar system in Filemaker years ago. The main recomendation would be to have a unique ID for each item as you will need to track this record. Another idea if using a line item form as in a invoice or order system is a second hidden quantity field in line item record (numeric) which stores a copy of editable quantity field. Now when you change used quantity (up or down - items can be returned!), the old quantity is added to inventry and new quantity is subtracted and then old field is updated to the new quantity value. There are likely other ways to do this but it worked for me.
    Regards
    David
    PS have you looked at Binary Brilliant Messless inventry application made with BD?
    Last edited by tamcind; 11-14-14 at 21:52.

Inventory Database

They didn't gave any example on inventory system I need help for our office inventory system please! Bbd does not have any example on inventory system

Inventory Database

Mr Tamcind,

Can you share that inventory database you built using bbd? he he he .. thanks a lot

Provided Answers: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by simple_man View Post
    They didn't gave any example on inventory system I need help for our office inventory system please! Bbd does not have any example on inventory system
    When you are creating a new database, the Wizard gives you the option to auto create various different databases based on a template.

One of which is a Inventory Database.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi again
    The application I mentioned was done Filemaker Pro (not BD) and not sure I even have it now (closed the bussiness few years ago). As it happens I have been grounded for next 2 weeks after a knee operation today and might see if I can put something together in next few days. Can you expand on what your needs are for this inventry application ( list the main requirements)?
    The application made by Binary Brilliant in BD can be found at "http://www.messless.com/mli/".
    Regards
    David

get well mr tamcind