Unanswered: I am trying to create a code that will auto populate or provide a drop down menu

I am creating a spreadsheet with 2000 data entries, that require additional information to be filled out. I am trying to make this spreadsheet a little more user friendly, and have certain columns prefilled out based on certain selections.

I have a drop down menu beginning in column O4 with 4 options (Yes, No, Performing another mission, or No longer employed).

If they select Yes in Column O4, than I would like column P4 and Q4 to auto populate and say N/A. And column R4 will display a drop down menu, called Status.

If they select No in Column O4, than I would like column P4 to provide a drop down menu called Programs, column Q4 to display N/A, and column R4 to display a drop down menu called Status

If they select Performing another mission in Column O4, I would like column P4 to display N/A, Q4 to display a drop down menu called FundingSource. Funding Source has 3 options (Confirmed, 4654, 4646) If they select Confirmed in Column Q4, I would like R4 to display N/A. If they select 4654, 4646 in Column Q4, I would like column R4 to display a drop down menu called Status.

If they select No longer employed in Column O4, I would like Column P4, Q4 and R4 to display N/A.

If Column I4 displays BMM, than column Q4 automatically displays N/A, regardless of other selections.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations of how to create this, please comment. Thank You.
    Last edited by brownlj5; 11-16-14 at 09:50.

Hi Brownlj5,

I am no pro with Excel, but long ago I did something pretty close to what you are describing. Try looking into VLookup and see if that can get you where you need to be. It was pretty neat once I got into doing it, but that has been some time ago. Mostly spend my time in Access. And feel free to hang in there as some Excel pro might look into this and give you a much better answer.

Have a Nice Day and a nice Thanksgiving,
    Bud