I am trying to replace names found in 'xml' fieldname as hyperlinks, by matching with the names in database_tags.
I am using the following cursor function and but it does not perform the correct output:
Code:
ALTER FUNCTION [dbo].[ReplaceTags2](@XML VARCHAR(MAX)) 
RETURNS VARCHAR(MAX) 
AS 
BEGIN 

DECLARE @Name VARCHAR(MAX) 
DECLARE CUR CURSOR FAST_FORWARD FOR
SELECT name
FROM [dbo].[database_tags]
Where UploadDate >= '2014-09-01'
and  @XML LIKE '%' + Name + '%' 

OPEN CUR

WHILE 1 = 1
BEGIN
FETCH cur INTO @name 
 --IF @Name IS NOT NULL 
 IF @@fetch_status <> 0 
      BREAK 
 BEGIN 
 SELECT  @XML = REPLACE(@XML, 
   @Name, 
   '<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag='+@Name+'">'+@Name+'</a>') 
 END 
--FETCH NEXT FROM CUR INTO @Name
END
CLOSE CUR;
DEALLOCATE CUR;

RETURN @XML 
 END
I pass the following XML Input to the UDF:
<Body><p align="justify">One is a 1m block of AIREM 2006-1X 2A3, which has never appeared on SMO.<p></Body>

the function above, outputs the following (which is incorrect).
One is a 1m block of <a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=AIREM 2006-1X 2A3">AIREM 2006-1X 2A3</a>"><a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=AIREM 2006-1X 2A3">AIREM 2006-1X 2A3</a></a>"><a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=<a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=AIREM 2006-1X 2A3">AIREM 2006-1X 2A3</a>"><a href="<a href="pagename.aspx?tag=AIREM 2006-1X 2A3">AIREM 2006-1X 2A3</a>

The desired output should be :
<Body><p align="justify">One is a 1m block of <a href="pagename.aspx?tag=AIREM 2006-1X 2A3">AIREM 2006-1X 2A3</a>, which has never appeared on SMO.<p></Body>

I have attached an example of my dataset in the following link below, for further reference as to what my dataset types are.
http://sqlfiddle.com/#!6/96cac8/2

Please advice further, where I may be possible going wrong.
Thank you for your help and time.