Unanswered: Web Access and Desktop Access with ONLINE facility (URGENT)

I have an ms access program 2003 running well. I have many tables and one table at least, which is appended or modified while doing transaction, is to put on the WEB for ONLINE accessing without changing my desktop MS Access program. (I have a separate data and program database files).
    Is there any way?

Provided Answers: 24
    If the data tables (backend) is in the folder for web use,
    just point YOUR frontend to the db in that folder.

Web Tables

Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    If the data tables (backend) is in the folder for web use,
    just point YOUR frontend to the db in that folder.
    Thanks for responding to my query.
    I have never used web hosting things. Can you elaborate how I put the data for web use. suppose my data tables are in MyData.mdb. then this MyData.mdb should be hosted somewhere, on internet, or what? and when I link them to MyProgram.mdb I will have to Link like we link in ms Access. There in selecting tables, I will get the my computer C or D drive. whether I will get an InternetDrive, or so?
    Hope you understand my point, Kindly look into this.
    Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    is there any way of what?
    using a JET table and or DB in both a local applciation AND a web appliction?
    ...well I suppose so. Access / JET can be used via ODBC, so any web scripting langiage that can connect via ODBC should be able to talk to a JET table using ODBC
    ...is it something worth doing?
    ...I don't know. traditionally the advice hgas been do no use a JET db if there are more than 25..30 concurrent users, do not use it over a WAN/INTERNET as an Access application.
    My gut feeling is that unless the remote (web) users are few and infrequent, and if there are primarily reading data, bot adding, deleting or modifying data that this isn;'t soimethign Id want to do. But there is nothign stopping you using a server backend which can provide the services you need both remotely and locally. your data would have to be visible on a public network, and that means taking a lot more serious precautions on security, data integrity

As far as I know you cannot run an Access applciation (successfully) for a WAN or internet, a local intranet OK. What I'd sugegst you do is approach your ISP and find out what they suggest or reccommend
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

web and ms access tables

thanks for your response.
    still I hope will get some solution and therefore, I am waiting for more responses.
    Can I get a web space for testing my data?
    Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    As said earluer find an ISP (Internet Service Provider), Ideally one local to you but it canbe anywhere. However getting one local to you may mean more approachable.

But I suspect your requirements, as identified here, are too vague for them to effectively assist
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton